Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Influence of bleeding on haemorheology and haemostasis in surgery.Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2010; 46: 183-188
- Bleeding events are associated with an increase in markers of inflammation in acute coronary syndromes: an ACUITY trial substudy.J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2011; 31: 139-145
- Clinical outcomes and management associated with major bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation treated with apixaban or warfarin: insights from the ARISTOTLE trial.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 1264-1272
- Acute myocardial infarction risk in patients with coronary artery disease doubled after upper gastrointestinal tract bleeding: a nationwide nested case-control study.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0142000
- 2016 ACC/AHA guideline focused update on duration of dual antiplatelet therapy in patients with coronary artery disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association task force on clinical practice guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 68: 1082-1115
- Defining high bleeding risk in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention: a consensus document from the Academic Research Consortium for High Bleeding Risk.Eur Heart J. 2019; 40: 2632-2653
- Impact of “nuisance” bleeding on clopidogrel compliance in patients undergoing intracoronary drug-eluting stent implantation.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 102: 1614-1617
- Zotarolimus-eluting versus bare-metal stents in uncertain drug-eluting stent candidates.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 65: 805-815
- Polymer-free drug-coated coronary stents in patients at high bleeding risk.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 2038-2047
- Sex-based outcomes in patients with a high bleeding risk after percutaneous coronary intervention and 1-month dual antiplatelet therapy: a secondary analysis of the LEADERS FREE randomized clinical trial.JAMA Cardiol. 2020; 5: 939-947
- The healthcare cost and utilization project: an overview.Eff Clin Pract. 2002; 5: 143-151
- Annual risk of major bleeding among persons without cardiovascular disease not receiving antiplatelet therapy.JAMA. 2018; 319: 2507-2520
- Perioperative acute myocardial infarction associated with non-cardiac surgery.Eur Heart J. 2017; 38: 2409-2417
- Comorbidity measures for use with administrative data.Med Care. 1998; 36: 8-27
- perioperative major adverse cardiovascular and cerebrovascular events associated with noncardiac surgery.JAMA Cardiol. 2017; 2: 181-187
- Patient outcomes with endovascular embolectomy therapy for acute ischemic stroke: a study of the national inpatient sample: 2006 to 2008.Stroke. 2011; 42: 1648-1652
- Acute respiratory failure and mechanical ventilation in cardiogenic shock complicating acute myocardial infarction in the USA, 2000-2014.Ann Intensive Care. 2019; 9: 96
- Impact of bleeding on mortality after percutaneous coronary intervention results from a patient-level pooled analysis of the REPLACE-2 (randomized evaluation of PCI linking angiomax to reduced clinical events), ACUITY (acute catheterization and urgent intervention triage strategy), and HORIZONS-AMI (harmonizing outcomes with revascularization and stents in acute myocardial infarction) trials.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2011; 4: 654-664
- Readmissions rates after myocardial infarction for gastrointestinal bleeding: a national perspective.Dig Dis Sci. 2021; 66: 751-759
- Gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with acute coronary syndromes: incidence, predictors, and clinical implications: analysis from the ACUITY (Acute Catheterization and Urgent Intervention Triage Strategy) trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 54: 1293-1302
- Gastrointestinal bleeding in high risk survivors of myocardial infarction: the VALIANT Trial.Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 2226-2232
- Risks of bleeding recurrence and cardiovascular events with continued aspirin use after lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage.Gastroenterology. 2016; 151: 271-277
- Continuation of low-dose aspirin therapy in peptic ulcer bleeding: a randomized trial.Ann Intern Med. 2010; 152: 1-9
- 2020 ACC Expert Consensus Decision Pathway on Management of Bleeding in Patients on Oral Anticoagulants: A Report of the American College of Cardiology solution set oversight committee.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 76: 594-622
- Association of thrombocytopenia, revascularization, and in-hospital outcomes in patients with acute myocardial infarction.Am J Med. 2019; 132: 942-948.e5
- Ticagrelor plus aspirin for 1 month, followed by ticagrelor monotherapy for 23 months vs aspirin plus clopidogrel or ticagrelor for 12 months, followed by aspirin monotherapy for 12 months after implantation of a drug-eluting stent: a multicentre, open-label, randomised superiority trial.Lancet. 2018; 392: 940-949
- Ticagrelor with or without aspirin in high-risk patients after PCI.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 2032-2042
- Effect of 1-month dual antiplatelet therapy followed by clopidogrel vs 12-month dual antiplatelet therapy on cardiovascular and bleeding events in patients receiving PCI: The STOPDAPT-2 randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2019; 321: 2414-2427
- The risks and benefits of long-term use of proton pump inhibitors: expert review and best practice advice from the American Gastroenterological Association.Gastroenterology. 2017; 152: 706-715
Funding: NRS is supported, in part, by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number K23HL150315. JSB is funded, in part, by the National Heart and Lung Blood Institute of the National Institute of Health (R01HL139909 and R35HL144993).
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.