Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Incidence and prevalence of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in Olmsted County, Minnesota from 1970 through 2010.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017; 15: 857-863
- Disease activity in inflammatory bowel disease is associated with increased risk of myocardial infarction, stroke and cardiovascular death–a Danish nationwide cohort study.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e56944
- Risk of myocardial infarction in inflammatory bowel disease: a population-based national study.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2019; 25: 1080-1087
- Preventing myocardial infarction in the young adult in the first place: how do the National Cholesterol Education Panel III Guidelines perform?.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003; 41: 1475-1479
- Cardiovascular risk assessment and impact of medications on cardiovascular disease in inflammatory bowel disease.Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2020 Sep 26; ([online ahead of print]): izaa258
- Evaluation of aspirin and statin therapy use and adherence in patients with premature atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e2011051
- Comparative effectiveness of outpatient cardiovascular disease and diabetes care delivery between advanced practice providers and physician providers in primary care: implications for care under the affordable care act.Am Heart J. 2016; 181: 74-82
- Accuracy of diagnostic codes for identifying patients with ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease in the veterans affairs health care system.Dig Dis Sci. 2014; 59: 2406-2410
- Atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in inflammatory bowel disease: the role of chronic inflammation.World J Gastrointest Pathophysiol. 2020; 11: 104-113
- Risk of ischaemic heart disease in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a nationwide Danish cohort study.Gut. 2013; 62: 689-694
- The incidence of arterial thromboembolic diseases in inflammatory bowel disease: a population-based study.Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008; 6: 41-45
Funding: SSV: Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Health Services Research & Development (HSR&D) Service Investigator Initiated Grant ( IIR 16–072 ), American Heart Association Beginning Grant-in-Aid ( 14BGIA20460366 ), American Diabetes Association Clinical Science & Epidemiology award ( 1-14-CE-44 ), Houston VA HSR&D Innovations grant ( CIN13-413 ).
Conflicts of Interest: MTL, DM, LC, AH, MAR, PS, UK, KN, LAP: None; CMB: Grant/Research Support (paid to institution, not individual): Abbott Diagnostic, Akcea, Amgen, Esperion, Ionis, Novartis, Regeneron, Roche Diagnostic, NIH, American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association; Consultant: Abbott Diagnostics, Althera, Amarin, Amgen, Arrowhead, Astra Zeneca, Corvidia, Denka Seiken, Esperion, Genentech, Gilead, Matinas BioPharma Inc, New Amsterdam, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Regeneron, Roche Diagnostic, Sanofi-Synthelabo; SSV: Honorarium, American College of Cardiology (Associate Editor for Innovations, acc.org); Steering Committee, Patient & Provider Assessment of Lipid Management (PALM registry) at the Duke Clinical Research Institute (no financial remuneration).
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and approved the manuscript prior to submission. MTL: Conceptualization, methodology, investigation, writing (original draft & editing), validation, visualization; DM: Conceptualization, methodology, investigation, writing (original draft & editing), validation, visualization; LC: Software, formal analysis, data curation; AH: Writing – review & editing; MAR: Writing – review & editing; PS: Conceptualization, methodology, writing – review & editing; UK: Writing – review & editing; KN: Writing – review & editing; CMB: Writing – review & editing; LAP: Writing – review & editing; SSV: Conceptualization, methodology, investigation, writing - review & editing, validation, visualization, data curation, supervision, project administration, funding acquisition.