Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Quality-of-life, health service use, and costs associated with syncope.Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2013; 55: 370-375
- Prevalence of orthostatic hypotension among patients presenting with syncope in the ED.Am J Emerg Med. 2002; 20: 497-501
- Randomised double-blind comparison of placebo and active treatment for older patients with isolated systolic hypertension. The Systolic Hypertension in Europe (Syst-Eur) Trial Investigators.Lancet. 1997; 350: 757-764
- Syncope and near-syncope as a multifactorial problem in geriatric inpatients: systemic hypotension is an underrated predictor for syncope exclusively.Adv Med Sci. 2011; 56: 352-360
- Summer syncope syndrome.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 787-790
- The elderly as a sensitive population in environmental exposures: making the case.Rev Environ Contam Toxicol. 2010; 207: 95-157
- A dedicated investigation unit improves management of syncopal attacks (Syncope Study of Unselected Population in Malmo—SYSTEMA I).Europace. 2010; 12: 1322-1328
- Orthostatic hypotension as cause of syncope in patients older than 65 years admitted to emergency departments for transient loss of consciousness.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2009; 64: 801-806
- Influence of climate on emergency department visits for syncope: role of air temperature variability.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e22719
Conflict of Interest: JA's conflict of interest statement is filed with The American Journal of Medicine and Elsevier, but it contains no implications whatsoever for the present study, which was done without any funding from any source and has no possible conflict of interest potential. All other authors have no conflict of interest to report.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript. JJH: Primary investigator, conception and design, integration of data, drafting of manuscript. CD: statistical analysis, integration of data, drafting of manuscript. NS: statistical analysis, integration of data, drafting of manuscript. NS: integration of data, drafting of manuscript. IBR: drafting of manuscript. JSA: Conception and design, drafting of manuscript, revising critically for important intellectual content. AF: Integration of data, drafting of manuscript.