Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- 2018 American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology/Multisociety Guideline on the Management of Blood Cholesterol-Secondary Prevention.JAMA Cardiol. 2019; 4: 589-591
- The Lipid Research Clinics Coronary Primary Prevention Trial results. I. Reduction in incidence of coronary heart disease.JAMA. 1984; 251: 351-364
- Association between lowering LDL-C and cardiovascular risk reduction among different therapeutic interventions: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2016; 316: 1289-1297
- Ezetimibe added to statin therapy after acute coronary syndromes.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2387-2397
- Alirocumab and Cardiovascular Outcomes after Acute Coronary Syndrome.N Engl J Med. 2018; 379: 2097-2107
- meta: An R package for meta-analysis.R News. 2007; 7: 40-45
- Conducting meta-analyses in R with the metafor package.J Stat Softw. 2010; 36: 48
- Efficacy and safety of rosuvastatin alone and in combination with cholestyramine in patients with severe hypercholesterolemia: a randomized, open-label, multicenter trial.Clin Ther. 2004; 26: 1855-1864
- Efficacy and safety of combination simvastatin and colesevelam in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia.Am J Med. 2001; 110: 352-360
- Low-dose combined therapy with fluvastatin and cholestyramine in hyperlipidemic patients.Ann Intern Med. 1994; 120: 537-543
- Coadministration of colesevelam hydrochloride with atorvastatin lowers LDL cholesterol additively.Atherosclerosis. 2001; 158: 407-416
- PCSK9 inhibitors: economics and policy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 2677-2687
- Role of bile acid sequestrants in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: S244-S250
- Effect of bile acid sequestrants on the risk of cardiovascular events: a Mendelian randomization analysis.Circ Cardiovasc Genet. 2015; 8: 618-627
- Lowering low-density lipoprotein cholesterol: statins, ezetimibe, bile acid sequestrants, and combinations: comparative efficacy and safety.Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2009; 38: 79-97
- Patient tolerance and acceptance of colesevelam hydrochloride: focus on type-2 diabetes mellitus.P T. 2015; 40: 62-67
- Cholesterol-lowering effects of psyllium hydrophilic mucilloid. Adjunct therapy to a prudent diet for patients with mild to moderate hypercholesterolemia.JAMA. 1989; 261: 3419-3423
- Colesevelam hydrochloride-ezetimibe combination lipid-lowering therapy in patients with diabetes or metabolic syndrome and a history of statin intolerance.Endocr Pract. 2007; 13: 11-16
- Low-dose combination therapy with colesevelam hydrochloride and lovastatin effectively decreases low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia.Clin Cardiol. 2001; 24: 467-474
- Compliance with and efficacy of treatment with pravastatin and cholestyramine: a randomized study on lipid-lowering in primary care.J Intern Med. 1998; 243: 373-380
- A multicenter comparison of lovastatin and cholestyramine therapy for severe primary hypercholesterolemia. The Lovastatin Study Group III.Jama. 1988; 260: 359-366
Conflict of Interest: The authors certify that they all have NO affiliations with, or involvement in, any organization or entity with any financial interest (such as honoraria; educational grants; participation in speakers’ bureaus; membership, employment, consultancies, stock ownership, or other equity interest; and expert testimony or patent-licensing arrangements), or nonfinancial interest (such as personal or professional relationships, affiliations, knowledge or beliefs) in the subject matter or materials discussed in this manuscript.
Authorship: All of the authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript. MA: data collection and primary author; AB: data collection; KZ: statistical analysis; JP: library science; NJS: senior author.