Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Dose-response association between physical activity and incident hypertension: a systematic review and meta-analysis of cohort studies.Hypertension. 2017; 69: 813-820
- Relation between leisure time, commuting, and occupational physical activity with blood pressure in 125 402 adults: the Lifelines Cohort.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9: e14313
- 2018 ESC/ESH guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension.Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 3021-3104
- 2020 International Society of Hypertension global hypertension practice guidelines.J Hypertens. 2020; 38: 982-1004
- Joint Committee for Guideline Revision. 2018 Chinese Guidelines for Prevention and Treatment of Hypertension-a report of the Revision Committee of Chinese Guidelines for Prevention and Treatment of Hypertension.J Geriatr Cardiol. 2019; 16: 182-241
- The physical activity transition among adults in China: 1991-2011.Obes Rev. 2014; 15 (0-1): 27-36
- Physical activity and incident hypertension in African Americans: the Jackson Heart Study.Hypertension. 2017; 69: 421-427
- Cohort profile: the China Health and Nutrition Survey–monitoring and understanding socio-economic and health change in China, 1989-2011.Int J Epidemiol. 2010; 39: 1435-1440
- The China Health and Nutrition Survey, 1989-2011.Obes Rev. 2014; 15: 2-7
- Evaluation of dietary niacin and new-onset hypertension among Chinese adults.JAMA Network Open. 2021; 4e2031669
- Occupational physical activity and new-onset hypertension: a nationwide cohort study in China.Hypertension. 2021; 78: 220-229
- Dietary carbohydrate intake and new-onset hypertension: a nationwide cohort study in China.Hypertension. 2021; 78: 422-430.
- Interaction between physical activity and sleep duration in relation to insulin resistance among non-diabetic Chinese adults.BMC Public Health. 2012; 12: 247
- Why have physical activity levels declined among Chinese adults? Findings from the 1991–2006 China health and nutrition surveys.Soc Sci Med. 2009; 68: 1305-1314
- Compendium of physical activities: an update of activity codes and MET intensities.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000; 32: S498-S504
- Evaluation of the 24-hour individual recall method in China.Food Nutr Bull. 1996; 17: 1-5
- Domestic physical activity in relationship to multiple CVD risk factors.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 32: 320-327
- Examining the reliability and validity of a modified version of the International Physical Activity Questionnaire, long form (IPAQ-LF) in Nigeria: a cross-sectional study.BMJ Open. 2014; 4e005820
- Oxidative stress, inflammation, and vascular aging in hypertension.Hypertension. 2017; 70: 660-667
- Reactive oxygen species and vascular biology: implications in human hypertension.Hypertens Res. 2011; 34: 5-14
- Disentangling the links between psychosocial stress and cardiovascular disease.Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2020; 13e010931
- Physical inactivity increases oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction, and atherosclerosis.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2005; 25: 809-814
- Exercise and the nitric oxide vasodilator system.Sports Med. 2003; 33: 1013-1035
- Vascular pulsations stimulating nitric oxide release during cyclic exercise may benefit health: a molecular approach (review).Int J Mol Med. 2001; 7: 119-129
- Reducing psychosocial stress: a novel mechanism of improving survival from exercise training.Am J Med. 2009; 122: 931-938
- Excessive physical activity duration may be a risk factor for hypertension in young and middle-aged populations.Medicine (Baltimore). 2019; 98: e15378
- Frequent physical activity may not reduce vascular disease risk as much as moderate activity: large prospective study of women in the United Kingdom.Circulation. 2015; 131: 721-729
- Potential adverse cardiovascular effects from excessive endurance exercise.Mayo Clin Proc. 2012; 87: 587-595
- Running: the risk of coronary events: prevalence and prognostic relevance of coronary atherosclerosis in marathon runners.Eur Heart J. 2008; 29: 1903-1910
- Too much of a good thing: excess exercise can harm mitochondria.Cell Metab. 2021; 33: 847-848
- Degree of blood pressure control and incident diabetes mellitus in Chinese adults with hypertension.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9e017015
- Work, household, and leisure-time physical activity and risk of mortality in the EPIC-Spain cohort.Prev Med. 2016; 85: 106-112
- Prospective associations between household-, work-, and leisure-based physical activity and all-cause mortality among older Taiwanese adults.Asia Pac J Public Health. 2012; 24: 795-805
- Influence of habitual physical activity on body composition, fat distribution and metabolic variables in early postmenopausal women receiving hormonal therapy.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2010; 150: 52-56
- Alberta physical activity and breast cancer prevention trial: sex hormone changes in a year-long exercise intervention among postmenopausal women.J Clin Oncol. 2010; 28: 1458-1466
- Gender, division of unpaid family work and psychological distress in dual-earner families.Clin Pract Epidemiol Ment Health. 2010; 6: 36-46
- Consumer segmentation and changing food purchase patterns in Nanjing, PRC.World Development. 2000; 28: 457-471
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: The study was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China [ 81973133 , 81730019 ], Outstanding Youths Development Scheme of Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University ( 2017J009 ).
Conflict of Interest: XQ reports grants from the National Natural Science Foundation of China [81973133, 81730019] and Outstanding Youths Development Scheme of Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University (2017J009). No other disclosures were reported.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.