Immunoglobulin G4-related disease (IgG4-RD) is a rare chronic fibroinflammatory condition that may affect any organ, with features of tumefaction, fibrosis, and infiltration of IgG4-positive plasma cells.
- Stone JH
- Zen Y
- Deshpande V
Mechanisms of disease: IgG4-related disease.
N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 539-551
2Treatment is with corticosteroids, although spontaneous remissions have been reported in IgG4-RD of the pancreas (type 1 autoimmune pancreatitis)
- Bhatti RM
- Stelow EB
IgG4-related disease of the head and neck.
Adv Anat Pathol. 2013; 20: 10-16
- Kubota K
- Kamisawa T
- Hirano K
- et al.
Clinical course of type 1 autoimmune pancreatitis patients without steroid treatment: a Japanese multicenter study of 97 patients.
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2018; 25: 223-230
4and submandibular glands.
- Hirano K
- Tada M
- Isayama H
- et al.
Long-term prognosis of autoimmune pancreatitis with and without corticosteroid treatment.
Gut. 2007; 56: 1719-1724
5We report a rare case of a patient with IgG4-RD of the pharynx that spontaneously regressed without treatment.
- Suzuki M
- Nakamaru Y
- Takagi D
- et al.
Spontaneous regression of swollen submandibular glands in IgG4-related disease.
Allergy Rhinol (Providence). 2019; 10: 1-8
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Mechanisms of disease: IgG4-related disease.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 539-551
- IgG4-related disease of the head and neck.Adv Anat Pathol. 2013; 20: 10-16
- Clinical course of type 1 autoimmune pancreatitis patients without steroid treatment: a Japanese multicenter study of 97 patients.J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2018; 25: 223-230
- Long-term prognosis of autoimmune pancreatitis with and without corticosteroid treatment.Gut. 2007; 56: 1719-1724
- Spontaneous regression of swollen submandibular glands in IgG4-related disease.Allergy Rhinol (Providence). 2019; 10: 1-8
- Supraglottic immunoglobulin-G4 related plasma cell granuloma: case report and literature review.Head Neck. 2014; 36: E57-E59
- Clinical manifestations of IgG4-related disease in the pharynx.Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2015; 124: 173-178
- International Consensus Guidance Statement on the Management and Treatment of IgG4-Related Disease.Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015; 67: 1688-1699
- Management of IgG4-related disease.Lancet Rheumatol. 2019; 1: e55-e65
- Serum IgG4 levels at diagnosis can predict unfavorable outcomes of untreated patients with IgG4-related disease.Sci Rep. 2021; 11: 1-8
Published online: July 07, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflicts of Interest: None to declare.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript.
© 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.