Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Prevalence of anemia among elderly inpatients and its association with multidimensional loss of function.Ann Hematol. 2014; 93: 1645-1654
- Impact of anemia on mortality, cognition, and function in community-dwelling elderly.Am J Med. 2006; 119: 327-334
- Clinical practice guidelines from the AABB: red blood cell transfusion thresholds and storage.JAMA. 2016; 316: 2025-2035
- Outpatient transfusions and occurrence of serious noninfectious transfusion-related complications among US elderly, 2007-2008: utility of large administrative databases in blood safety research.Transfusion. 2012; 52: 1968-1976
- Impact of red blood cell transfusion on platelet activation and aggregation in healthy volunteers: results of the TRANSFUSION study.Eur Heart J. 2010; 31: 2816-2821
- Blood management: transfusion medicine comes of age.Lancet. 2013; 381: 1791-1792
- High-sensitivity troponin I and incident coronary events, stroke, heart failure hospitalization, and mortality in the ARIC study.Circulation. 2019; 139: 2642-2653
- Fourth universal definition of myocardial infarction (2018).Eur Heart J. 2019; 40: 237-269
- Type-II myocardial infarction – patient characteristics, management and outcomes.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e84285
- Type 2 myocardial infarction in clinical practice.Heart. 2015; 101: 101-106
- Mortality rate in type 2 myocardial infarction: observations from an unselected hospital cohort.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 295-302
- Type 2 myocardial infarction: a geriatric population-based model of pathogenesis.Aging Dis. 2020; 11: 108-117
- The effect of age and clinical circumstances on the outcome of red blood cell transfusion in critically ill patients.Crit Care. 2014; 18: 487
- Effect of a restrictive vs liberal blood transfusion strategy on major cardiovascular events among patients with acute myocardial infarction and anemia: the REALITY Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA. 2021; 325: 552-560
- Conservative versus liberal red cell transfusion in acute myocardial infarction (the CRIT Randomized Pilot Study).Am J Cardiol. 2011; 108: 1108-1111
- Liberal versus restrictive blood transfusion strategy: 3-year survival and cause of death results from the FOCUS randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2015; 385: 1183-1189
- Level of medical intervention in geriatric settings: decision factors and correlation with mortality.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2021; 22: 2587-2592
- Validation of a combined comorbidity index.J Clin Epidemiol. 1994; 47: 1245-1251
- Analytical performance of a sensitive assay for cardiac troponin I with loci technology.Clin Biochem. 2010; 43: 998-1002
Haute Autorité de Santé; Fédération Française de Nutrition. Diagnostic de la dénutrition de l'enfant et de l'adulte: méthode recommandations pour la pratique clinique. 2019. Available at: https://has-sante.fr/upload/docs/application/pdf/2019-11/reco277_recommandations_rbp_denutrition_cd_2019_11_13_v0.pdf. Accessed May 1, 2022 [in French].
- Mini motor test: a clinical test for rehabilitation of patients showing psychomotor disadaptation syndrome (PDS).Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2005; 40: 201-211
- Diagnosis and management of fluid overload in heart failure and cardio-renal syndrome: the “5B” approach.Semin Nephrol. 2012; 32: 129-141
République Française; matchID Moteur de recherche des personnes décédées. Available at: https://deces.matchid.io/search. Accessed October 4, 2021.
- Short-term prognosis of myocardial injury, type 1, and type 2 myocardial infarction in the emergency unit.Am J Med. 2018; 131: 1209-1219
- Association of troponin level and age with mortality in 250 000 patients: cohort study across five UK acute care centres.BMJ. 2019; 367: l6055
- Prognostic value of cardiac troponin I assay in hospitalized elderly patients.Aging Clin Exp Res. 2019; 31: 233-239
- National Academy of Clinical Biochemistry laboratory medicine practice guidelines: use of cardiac troponin and B-type natriuretic peptide or N-terminal proB-type natriuretic peptide for etiologies other than acute coronary syndromes and heart failure.Clin Chem. 2007; 53: 2086-2096
- Prognostic significance of troponin level in 3121 patients presenting with atrial fibrillation (The NIHR Health Informatics Collaborative TROP-AF study).J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9e013684
- Prognostic value of cardiac troponin I and T on admission in mortality of multiple trauma patients admitted to the emergency department: a prospective follow-up study.Med Arch. 2019; 73: 11-14
- Troponin elevation in older patients with acute pneumonia: frequency and prognostic value.J Clin Med. 2020; 9: E3623
- Prognostic importance of emerging cardiac, inflammatory, and renal biomarkers in chronic heart failure patients with reduced ejection fraction and anaemia: RED-HF study.Eur J Heart Fail. 2018; 20: 268-277
- Avoidance of blood transfusion to patients suffering from myocardial injury and severe anemia is associated with increased long-term mortality: a retrospective cohort analysis.Medicine. 2015; 94: e1635
- Blood transfusion, bleeding, anemia, and survival in patients with acute myocardial infarction: FAST-MI registry.Am Heart J. 2015; 170: 726-734.e2
- Non-infectious complications of transfusion therapy.Blood Rev. 2001; 15: 69-83
- Impact of blood transfusions on inflammatory mediator release in patients undergoing cardiac surgery.Chest. 1999; 116: 1233-1239
- Association of blood transfusion with increased mortality in myocardial infarction: a meta-analysis and diversity-adjusted study sequential analysis.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 132-139
- Anemia and mortality in acute coronary syndromes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am Heart J. 2013; 165: 143-153.e5
- Effect of restrictive versus liberal transfusion strategies on outcomes in patients with cardiovascular disease in a non-cardiac surgery setting: systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2016; 352: i1351
- Transfusion strategies for acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 11-21
- Liberal transfusion versus restrictive transfusion and outcomes in critically ill adults: a meta-analysis.Transfus Med Hemother. 2021; 48: 60-68
- Transfusion thresholds for guiding red blood cell transfusion.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2021; 12CD002042
- Blood transfusion in elderly patients with acute myocardial infarction: data from the RICO Survey.Am J Med. 2018; 131: 422-429.e4
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and had a role in writing the manuscript.