|Day 1||Day 25||Day 42|
|White blood cells (WBC) (/uL)
n: 0-4 × 109/L
|Red blood cells (RBC) (/uL)||15||83||84|
|Herpes simplex virus PCR||+||–||–|
|NMDA receptor antibodies||Not tested||Not tested||1:100|
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Frequency, symptoms, risk factors, and outcomes of autoimmune encephalitis after herpes simplex encephalitis: a prospective observational study and retrospective analysis.Lancet Neurol. 2018; 17: 760-772
- Autoimmune encephalitis as differential diagnosis of infectious encephalitis.Curr Opin Neurol. 2014; 27: 361-368
- Autoimmune post–herpes simplex encephalitis of adults and teenagers.Neurology. 2015; 85: 1736-1743
- Herpes simplex virus-1 encephalitis in adults: pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management.Neurotherapeutics. 2016; 13: 493-508
- Relapsing herpes simplex encephalitis: pathological confirmation of viral reactivation.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2003; 74: 262-264
- Recurrent herpes simplex encephalitis.Eur J Intern Med. 2005; 16: 513-514
- A case of late herpes simplex encephalitis relapse.J Clin Virol. 2013; 58: 269-270
- Clinical Neuropathology practice guide 4-2013: post-herpes simplex encephalitis: N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor antibodies are part of the problem.Clin Neuropathol. 2013; 32: 251-254
- Two cases of late-onset anti-NMDAr auto-immune encephalitis after herpes simplex virus 1 encephalitis.Front Neurol. 2020; 11: 38
- Autoimmune encephalitis after herpes simplex encephalitis: insights into pathogenesis.Lancet Neurol. 2018; 17: 733-735
- Diagnosis and significance of antibody titers in anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis, a retrospective study.Lancet Neurol. 2014; 13: 167-177
Conflicts of Interest: The authors certify that they have NO affiliations with, or involvement in, any organization or entity with any financial interest (such as honoraria; educational grants; participation in speakers’ bureaus; membership, employment, consultancies, stock ownership, or other equity interest; and expert testimony or patent-licensing arrangements), or non-financial interest (such as personal or professional relationships, affiliations, knowledge or beliefs) in the subject matter or materials discussed in this manuscript.
Authorship: We verify that all authors had access to the data and a role in writing the manuscript.