Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Trends in cardiovascular health metrics and associations with all-cause and CVD mortality among US adults.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1273-1283https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2012.339
- Forecasting the future of cardiovascular disease in the United States: a policy statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2011; 123: 933-944https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e31820a55f5
- Population based randomised controlled trial on impact of screening on mortality from abdominal aortic aneurysm.BMJ. 2004; 329: 1259https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.38272.478438.55
- The Multicentre Aneurysm Screening Study (MASS) into the effect of abdominal aortic aneurysm screening on mortality in men: a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2002; 360: 1531-1539https://doi.org/10.1016/s0140-6736(02)11522-4
- Incidence and prevalence of thoracic aortic aneurysms: a systematic review and meta-analysis of population-based studies.Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2022; 34: 1-16https://doi.org/10.1053/j.semtcvs.2021.02.029
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. CDC WONDER Online Database. Available at: https://wonder.cdc.gov/. Accessed November 3, 2022.
- 2012 ACCF/AHA/ACP/AATS/PCNA/SCAI/STS guideline for the diagnosis and management of patients with stable ischemic heart disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: e44-e164https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2012.07.013
- 2010 ACCF/AHA/AATS/ACR/ASA/SCA/SCAI/SIR/STS/SVM guidelines for the diagnosis and management of patients with thoracic aortic disease: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines, American Association for Thoracic Surgery, American College of Radiology, American Stroke Association, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society of Interventional Radiology, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, and Society for Vascular Medicine.Circulation. 2010; 121: 1544-1579https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e3181d4739e
- 2014 ESC Guidelines on the diagnosis and treatment of aortic diseases: Document covering acute and chronic aortic diseases of the thoracic and abdominal aorta of the adult.Eur Heart J. 2014; 35: 2873-2926https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehu281
- The Society for Vascular Surgery practice guidelines on the care of patients with an abdominal aortic aneurysm.J Vasc Surg. 2018; 67 (e2): 2-77https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvs.2017.10.044
- Medication adherence in cardiovascular disease.Circulation. 2010; 121: 1455-1458https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.109.904003
- Long-term adherence to evidence-based secondary prevention therapies in coronary artery disease.Circulation. 2006; 113: 203-212https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.105.505636
- Adherence with statin therapy in elderly patients with and without acute coronary syndromes.JAMA. 2002; 288: 462-467https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.4.462
- Stable coronary artery disease: treatment.Am Fam Physician. 2018; 97: 376-384
- 2013 ESC guidelines on the management of stable coronary artery disease. The Task Force on the management of stable coronary artery disease of the European Society of Cardiology.Rev Esp Cardiol. 2014; 67: 135https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rec.2013.11.008
- Adherence to coronary artery disease secondary prevention medicines: exploring modifiable barriers.Open Heart. 2019; 6e000997https://doi.org/10.1136/openhrt-2018-000997
- Non-adherence to cardiovascular medications.Eur Heart J. 2014; 35: 3267-3276https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehu364
- Impact of medication therapy discontinuation on mortality after myocardial infarction.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1842-1847https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.166.17.1842
- Prevalence, predictors, and outcomes of primary nonadherence after acute myocardial infarction.Circulation. 2008; 117: 1028-1036https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.107.706820
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: The National Institutes of Health ( T32HL007843 ) provided funding to William L. Patrick.
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors had access to the data and a role in writing this manuscript.