Aortic intramural hematoma is an acute aortic syndrome that disrupts the integrity of the aortic wall. Intramural hematoma results from rupture of the vasa vasorum and hemorrhage into the arterial media. This condition is characterized by an intact intimal aortic layer with no communication between the hematoma and aortic lumen.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Natural History and CT Appearances of Aortic Intramural Hematoma.RadioGraphics. 2009; 29: 1-18https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.293085122
- Current trends in aortic intramural hematoma management—a shift from conservative to a more aggressive treatment.Annals of Cardiothoracic Surgery. 2019; 8: 1-3
- Diagnosis of aortic intramural haematoma.NCBI - Heart. 2004; 90: 368-371
- The differences and similarities between intramural hematoma of the descending aorta and acute type B dissection.Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2013; 58: 1498-1504https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvs.2013.05.099
- Aortic Intramural Hematoma and Its Complications.Circulation. 2014; 129: 711-716https://doi.org/10.1161/circulationaha.113.001809
- Analysis of predictive factors for progression of type B aortic intramural hematoma with computed tomography.Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2002; 35: 1179-1183https://doi.org/10.1067/mva.2002.123683
- Suspected Aortic Dissection and Other Aortic Disorders: Multi–Detector Row CT in 373 Cases in the Emergency Setting.RSNA. 2006; 238https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2383041528
evangelista, A., Mukherjee, D., & Mehta, R. (n.d.). Acute Intramural Hematoma of the Aorta. Circulation, 111(8). https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.0000156444.26393.80
- The role of multidetector-row CT in the diagnosis, classification and management of acute aortic syndrome.The British journal of radiology. 2014; 8720140354https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr.20140354
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
© 2022 Published by Elsevier Inc.