Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- Diabetes, hyperglycaemia, and acute ischaemic stroke.Lancet Neurol. 2012; 11: 261-271
- Use of guideline-recommended risk reduction strategies among patients with diabetes and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.Circulation. 2019; 140: 618-620
- Association of SGLT2 inhibitors with cardiovascular and kidney outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes: a meta-analysis.JAMA Cardiol. 2020; 6: 148-158
- Use of glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists in patients with type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease: a review.JAMA Cardiol. 2020; 5: 1182-1190
- Pioglitazone after ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1321-1331
- Guidelines for the early management of patients with acute ischemic stroke: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2013; 44: 870-947
- Guidelines for the prevention of stroke in patients with stroke and transient ischemic attack: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2014; 45: 2160-2236
- Evaluating the quality of comprehensive cardiometabolic care for patients with type 2 diabetes in the U.S.: the Diabetes Collaborative Registry.Diabetes Care. 2016; 39: e99-e101
- Diabetes and hypertension: a position statement by the American Diabetes Association.Diabetes Care. 2017; 40: 1273-1284
- Hemoglobin A1c targets for glycemic control with pharmacologic therapy for nonpregnant adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a guidance statement update from the American College of Physicians.Ann Intern Med. 2018; 168: 569-576
- Secondary preventive medication persistence and adherence 1 year after stroke.Neurology. 2011; 77: 1182-1190
- Persistent use of secondary preventive drugs declines rapidly during the first 2 years after stroke.Stroke. 2010; 41: 397-401
- Persistence with stroke prevention medications 3 months after hospitalization.Arch Neurol. 2010; 67: 1456-1463
- 10. Cardiovascular Disease and Risk Management: Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes–2021.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: S125-S150
- Potential therapeutic effects of sodium glucose-linked cotransporter 2 inhibitors in stroke.Clin Ther. 2020; 42: e242-e249
- Comparative effectiveness of glucose-lowering drugs for type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and network meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2020; 173: 278-286
- Empagliflozin and cerebrovascular events in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus at high cardiovascular risk.Stroke. 2017; 48: 1218-1225
- Quality of care and outcomes in patients with diabetes hospitalized with ischemic stroke: Findings from get with the guidelines-stroke.Stroke. 2010; 41: e409-e417
- Diabetes and long-term outcomes of ischaemic stroke: findings from get with the guidelines-stroke.Eur Heart J. 2018; 39: 2376-2386
- Empagliflozin, cardiovascular outcomes, and mortality in type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 2117-2128
- Canagliflozin and cardiovascular and renal events in type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 644-657
- Dapagliflozin and cardiovascular outcomes in type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2019; 380: 347-357
- Dapagliflozin in patients with heart failure and reduced ejection fraction.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1995-2008
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: The Diabetes Collaborative Registry is funded by AstraZeneca (founding sponsor) and Boehringer Ingelheim. AstraZeneca has contributed scientific expertise to the design of the registry. The sponsors of the registry had no role in the final review and approval of the manuscript for submission.
Conflicts of Interest: Dr . James DeLemos reports fees for participation on Data Safety or Steering Committees for Novo Nordisc, Eli Lilli, Regeneron, Amgen Astra Zeneka and Verve Therapeutics. All other authors have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
Authorship: The data are available from the authors upon request. JBE-T and SVA had access to the data, and all the authors had a role in writing the manuscript.