Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Medicine
- What are we telling our students? A national survey of clerkship directors' advice for students applying to internal medicine residency.J Grad Med Educ. 2015; 7: 382-387
- What training is needed in the fourth year of medical school? Views of residency program directors.Acad Med. 2009; 84: 823-829
- Important skills for internship and the fourth-year medical school courses to acquire them: a national survey of internal medicine residents.Acad Med. 2016; 91: 821-826
- The gap between current and ideal approaches to the core EPAs: a mixed methods study of recent medical school graduates.Med Sci Educ. 2016; 26: 463-473
- Grade inflation and the internal medicine subinternship: a national survey of clerkship directors.Teach Learn Med. 2007; 19: 343-346
- Grade inflation in medical student radiation oncology clerkships: missed opportunities for feedback?.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015; 92: 740-744
Johnson J, Patel N, Wang P, Mulcahey M. Grading medical students during their fourth year orthopaedic surgery rotations [version 1]. Published online July 20, 2017. Available at: https://mededpublish.org/articles/6-133. Accessed January 4, 2022.
- Evaluation of medical school grading variability in the United States: are all honors the same?.Acad Med. 2019; 94: 1939-1945
- A national survey of undergraduate clinical education in internal medicine.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 699-704
- Data Release and Research Committee: Results of the 2018 NRMP Program Director Survey.National Resident Matching Program, Washington, DC2018 (Available at:)Accessed January 4, 2022)
- Data Release and Research Committee: Results of the 2021 NRMP Program Director Survey.National Resident Matching Program, Washington, DC2021 (Available at:)Accessed October 21, 2021)
- Responsible milestone-based educational handover with individualized learning plan from undergraduate to graduate pediatric medical education.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: 231-233
- Using the ACMGE milestones as a handover tool from medical school to surgery residency.J Surg Educ. 2017; 74: 519-529
- Program directors’ perceptions of a post-match competency handover between medical school and residency.Med Sci Educ. 2018; 28: 375-380
- Reporting achievement of medical student milestones to residency program directors: an educational handover.Acad Med. 2016; 91: 676-684
- Redefining the acting internship in the era of entrustment: one institution's approach to reforming the acting internship.Med Sci Educ. 2019; 29: 583-591
- Internal Medicine Residency Program Directors' Views of the Core Entrustable Professional Activities for Entering Residency: An Opportunity to Enhance Communication of Competency Along the Continuum.Acad Med. 2017; 92: 785-791
- Toward defining the foundation of the MD degree: core entrustable professional activities for entering residency.Acad Med. 2016; 91: 1352-1358
- The internal medicine subinternship–now more important than ever: a joint CDIM-APDIM position paper.J Gen Intern Med. 2015; 30: 1369-1375
- Supplementing the subinternship: effect of E-learning modules on subintern knowledge and confidence.Am J Med. 2021; 134: 1052-1057.e13
- Roles and responsibilities of medicine subinternship directors : medicine subinternship director roles.J Gen Intern Med. 2021 Sep 20; ([online ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-021-07128-2
- Course offerings in the fourth year of medical school: how U.S. medical schools are preparing students for internship.Acad Med. 2015; 90: 1324-1330
- Defining medical student patient care responsibilities before intern year: results of a national survey.South Med J. 2017; 110: 765-769
- Electronic health record use in internal medicine clerkships and sub-internships for medical students graduating from 2012 to 2016.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 705-711
- Education in pediatrics across the continuum (EPAC): first steps toward realizing the dream of competency-based education.Acad Med. 2018; 93: 414-420
- The new internal medicine subinternship curriculum guide: a report from the alliance for academic internal medicine.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 1342-1347
- Characterization of the Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors’ standardized letter of recommendation in 2011-2012.Acad Emerg Med. 2013; 20: 926-932
- The CORD standardized letter of evaluation: have we achieved perfection or just a better understanding of our limitations?.J Grad Med Educ. 2014; 6: 353-354
- Guidelines for writing department of medicine summary letters.Am J Med. 2013; 126: 458-463
Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine. AAIM guidelines for internal medicine structured evaluative letter. Available at:https://www.im.org/resources/ume-gme-program-resources/resources-guidelines-im-sel. Accessed January 10, 2022.
- Crossing the gap: using competency-based assessment to determine whether learners are ready for the undergraduate-to-graduate transition.Acad Med. 2019; 94: 338-345
Conflicts of Interest: None.
Authorship: All authors contributed to writing this manuscript.